Here’s a great taquito recipe. Don’t tell my Dad but it’s kinda healthy too. 🙂
Makes about 12 taquitos.
- 2 cups pico de gallo
- 1/2 cup cooked, finely chopped chicken
- 1/2 cup no salt added canned corn or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese or queso fresco
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 425º F. In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup pico de gallo, chicken corn, green onion, bell pepper, and cheese.
- Soften tortillas on the stovetop or in the microwave oven, and spoon a heaping tablespoon of filling onto the center of each tortilla. Roll up tightly and secure each with a toothpick.
- Place rolled tortillas seam side down on a baking sheet and brush each lightly with oil. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crisp and lightly brown.
- Place 3 taquitos on each plate and serve with remaining pico de gallo. (Serve with guacamole for added flavor.)
You can also keep some in the freezer. You can heat and eat for a quick snack or side dish!