My Dad’s guacamole salsa is kinda famous in these parts. He was inspired to create his own salsa after tasting a really good salsa at a local restaurant. It has since closed but not before he convinced them to give him a list of ingredients. For 5 years he tried different combinations of the ingredients, adding some of his own and finally created his perfect salsa. One day when cleaning up, he decided to mix the left over salsa with some fresh guacamole that was on the counter. Whamo! His famous Guacamole Salsa was born!
To make the guacamole salsa hotter or milder, just change the amount of Jalapeños.
- 12 Medium Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 bunch of Green Onion, chopped
- 5 Serrano Peppers, chopped
- 1 Pasilla Pepper, chopped
- 1-3 Jalepeno Peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 8 Avocado, mashed
- Combine all ingredients except the Avocado to make Salsa
- Slowly add the Salsa to the Avocado until the desired mix is achieved.
- Usually we have about 1/4 of the salsa left over for those who don’t like avocado.
- Serve with Tortilla Chips.
My dad always makes a side batch of his Guacamole Salsa extra hot. He adds one chopped Habanero Pepper to the side mix. Oh, its fun to see him cry. 🙂