Salt-Baking your potatoes is a great way to add flavor to an otherwise normal potato. It’s fun, it’s easy, it’s cool! 🙂
- 4- 12 ounce Idaho potatoes
- 2- 48 ounce boxes Kosher salt
- 1 cup cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup coriander seeds
- 8 bay leaves
- 6 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash potatoes and pat dry.
- Combine salt, pepper, coriander seeds and bay leaves in a bowl, mixing well. Reserve 1 cup of the salt mixture on the side.
- In a large casserole dish with tall sides, spread a 1-inch layer of the salt mixture evenly on the bottom of the dish. Place the potatoes on top of the salt mixture, leaving a 1-inch space between them. Cover the potatoes with the remaining salt mixture.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites until they become frothy. Add the reserved cup of salt mixture until combined. Pour the egg-salt mixture over the salt covered potatoes, spreading evenly. Cover tightly with the casserole lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- Carefully remove potatoes from the encrusted salt and serve hot