Mmmmm. That good artichoke dip that people bring to parties. Ever wonder how to make some yourself? Here’s a quick recipe:
- 1 (6 oz.) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 Tbs. green chilies, diced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Drain the artichokes, reserve the marinade. Chop the artichokes. Combine artichokes, chilies, mayonnaise and cheese in a small crock pot. Cover and heat until the cheese is melted. Stir to mix ingredients, then blend in 1 Tbs of reserved marinade.
Here’s a great taquito recipe. Don’t tell my Dad but it’s kinda healthy too. 🙂
Makes about 12 taquitos.
- 2 cups pico de gallo
- 1/2 cup cooked, finely chopped chicken
- 1/2 cup no salt added canned corn or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese or queso fresco
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 425º F. In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup pico de gallo, chicken corn, green onion, bell pepper, and cheese.
- Soften tortillas on the stovetop or in the microwave oven, and spoon a heaping tablespoon of filling onto the center of each tortilla. Roll up tightly and secure each with a toothpick.
- Place rolled tortillas seam side down on a baking sheet and brush each lightly with oil. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crisp and lightly brown.
- Place 3 taquitos on each plate and serve with remaining pico de gallo. (Serve with guacamole for added flavor.)
You can also keep some in the freezer. You can heat and eat for a quick snack or side dish!
For those of you who like ceviche, this is a great healthy dish that is great for lunch or to start off a meal.
- 1/2 pound cooked small bay shrimp
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 Tablespoons prepared taco sauce
- 1 serrano chili, seeds removed and finely chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir well
- Spoon into 4 small dishes and garnish with cilantro